Our Careers Adviser (Mr Melluish) works closely with students, parents, teachers, employers, community agencies and training providers to provide opportunities for students to identify and explore their interests, develop self-confidence and gain employment related skills. Mr Melluish is able to assist students in developing personal career plans.
The Careers Adviser position enables the school to offer a range of career development services and is integral to the Career and Transition Team that oversees the implementation of the School to Work Program. The career development services in the school support students to define their career aspirations, develop career goals, explore career options and create effective career and transition strategies.
At Leumeah High School Career development services provided include:
- Career counselling / guidance to support students to clarify their ideas about career choices and directions
- Designing and developing a career education program that includes the implementation of vocational and enterprise learning in the school curriculum
- Assisting students to identify their abilities, skills and interests through a range of career tools such as Vocational Test and use of Job Guide and other resources including computer assisted guidance programs, internet sites, Logbook online and Student Pathways Survey
- Playing an integral role within the school career and transition team by providing high quality advice and guidance regarding student career and transition issues
- Providing workplace learning opportunities
- Providing and clarifying information for students and their parents regarding the school curriculum, the HSC, further education and training as well as employment
- Providing a wide range of opportunities for students especially with the school's annual Career Options Day (Careers Forum) to increase their knowledge about careers and career pathways, working conditions, areas of skill shortages, work/life roles and the world of work in general
- Supporting parents and carers with information, tools and strategies that guide students' search for a satisfying career path.
- Our Careers Adviser also liaise with universities, TAFE and private providers of further education and training. Each year Career Options Day is organised to provide a wide range of opportunities for students to increase their knowledge
Careers advisers undertake professional development and maintain awareness regarding all aspects of the current labour market and human resource issues.
For Job Vacancies, Click on the "Job Vacancies" tab on the left hand side of the screen.